C++ Software Developer/Tester
IGNIS Innovation is looking to hire a C++ Software Developer and tester with 2-3 years of software development experience who will thrive in a casual, friendly, and supportive environment.
- Live to code?
- Have strong knowledge of cameras and/or optics?
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, or the equivalent College Degree/Diploma?
- Have 2-3 years of relevant C++ software development and testing experience?
- Strong communication skills?
We also value:
- Experience in any of the following: .Net, OpenGL, Lua, MATLAB, and SVN.
- Knowledge of embedded hardware.
- Software testing and verification experience.
- Someone who is comfortable spending time in our lab.
- Basic electronics knowledge.
- Working knowledge of digital displays and/or video.
Perks and Benefits:
- Industry competitive wages.
- Work-life balance: flexible hours, three weeks paid vacation/year.
- Employer-paid benefits: health, dental, and a health care spending account.
- Stock options.
- Casual dress code.
- Company-provided snacks and drinks.
- Multicultural work environment.
When circumstances allow:
- On-site games and activities.
- Company team building events.
- Social events that are just for fun.
- Transform image processing algorithms developed in MATLAB into highspeed efficient C++, OpenGL, and OpenCV code.
- Work with researchers to fine-tune and refine our algorithms.
- Work closely with other engineers to resolve issues spanning multiple system layers (hardware, drivers, algorithms, GUIs, and external Android devices).
- Develop knowledge and expertise on the use and configuration of industrial digital cameras, including our inhouse custom cameras.
- Develop expertise on optical inspection systems and high-speed image processing (utilizing CPUs and GPUs).
- Become an expert in our systems and assist our research team.
- Be willing to take ownership of our unit, regression, and functional testing.
- Test and debug software and hardware-related issues in our lab.
- Keep your eye out for opportunities to improve our products.
- Working as part of a small dynamic team, you will get to work on a broad scope of projects, platforms, and development environments.
- This job requires working from our offices in Waterloo (it is not a remote role due to the proprietary technology you will be working on).
IGNIS was spun out of the University of Waterloo in 2000 and has since become a globally recognized technology provider for the Organic LED (OLED) display industry. Our commitment to research and development has pioneered the way to solving ongoing fundamental problems plaguing the industry, such as image burn-in and lifetime. Our team of circuit designers develop all aspects of the display, including the pixel circuit, display layout, display driver, and interconnect circuitry. Complementing the circuit design team is a dedicated group of software developers focused on writing application software to support both research and product development.
With a portfolio of over 400 patents, IGNIS has licensed some of the largest OLED display manufacturers, such as LG Display. As we continue to evolve in a rapidly changing industry, IGNIS is committed to holding its position at the forefront of technology development. IGNIS works closely with several industry leaders such as LG Display Technology.
At IGNIS, you will be part of the team that improves AMOLED displays’ quality, longevity, and affordability.
If this sounds like you, please complete our job posting form including attaching a cover letter and a resume (including any extra software or hardware projects you have done on your own time).
*IGNIS is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration to become part of our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thanks for taking the time to apply; however, only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.